Support for Eyes On Success is provided by:
- Empowering people toward independence and success by providing blogs, information and resources for individuals of all ages who are blind or visually impaired. Information and referral line are at 1-800-232-5463.
Survey about Braille displays from APH
American Printing House (APH) would like your thoughts about braille displays! Please take their
very short braille display survey. And if you’d like to have more extended input, take their
braille display outreach survey
so you can join a focus group with them.
This Week's Show:
2226 National Coding Symposium and STEM Camp (Jun. 29, 2022)
The fields of computers and STEM offer excellent career opportunities for visually impaired people. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Leanne Grillot, outreach director at the American Printing House, about some of APH’s ongoing programs to inspire interest in these fields, make people aware of the opportunities, and help them connect with mentors.
About Eyes On Success:
This half-hour weekly podcast and radio program discusses products, services and daily living tips for people with vision loss. It is available through radio reading services across North America, via several internet streaming services, and to everybody else as a podcast. To date, the show has been downloaded in all 50 states in the US and over 100 other countries on all
the inhabited continents. Eyes On Success is hosted and produced by Peter Torpey and Nancy Goodman Torpey.
Each episode is basically a success story. Some are human stories of visually impaired people's accomplishments in academics, employment, sports or pasttimes. Others are descriptions of adaptive aids that enable visually impaired people to achieve things. These include screen readers, magnifiers, navigation aids, and others. In all cases, the focus is on success.
Eyes On Success has been airing weekly since January 2011. Prior to January 2013 the name of the show was ViewPoints. Other than the name, nothing has changed.
- 2011 WXXI’s Producers Award in honor of creating and hosting the weekly radio series heard on Reachout Radio, WXXI’s reading radio service.
- 2012 Program of the Year Award in the Consumer Information category from the International Association of Audio Information Services (IAAIS) for show #1242 about Downloading and Reading Books on a Smart Phone.
- 2015 AFB's VisionAware named Eyes On Success "Agency of the Month" in recognition of the amount and quality of information provided to people with vision loss. This was the first time that this award was given to an organization that was not actually an agency.
- 2016 Program of the Year Award in the Interview category from the International Association of Audio Information Services (IAAIS) for show #1644 about Currency Identification.
- 2017 Program of the Year Award in the Interview category from the International Association of Audio Information Services (IAAIS) for show #1725 about Low Vision Optometry.
Connecting with Eyes On Success
To contact us with questions, comments or suggestions for future shows
send an e-mail to hosts@EyesOnSuccess.net
If you would like to receive weekly announcements of upcoming episodes, you can join our low traffic "announcements only" list by sending an e-mail to:
If you would like to connect with other listeners and share your thoughts about what you've heard on the show, you can join our listener e-mail forum by sending an e-mail to:
You can play Eyes On Success with Amazon or Google smart home devices by saying "Play Eyes On Success podcast".
You can also find it on iTunes, like it on Facebook ("EyesOnSuccess"), follow us on Twitter ("@_EyesOnSuccess"), or listen on YouTube (search for "Eyes On Success with hosts Peter and Nancy Torpey")
Click here to find out how you can support Eyes On Success.
Click here for a list of resources for the visually impaired.
Click here for accessibility tools that Pete developed.
Promote and build awareness of your organization's products, services, or resources with a weekly on-air announcement
Connect with a targeted audience of listeners interested in topics related to vision loss by including a promotional item in the show or on the web site. More information can be found at:
Sponsoring promotional items
We are grateful to the many organizations who have supported Eyes On Success by running promotional items about their services and resources targeted to the visually impaired cmmunity including:
If you enjoy Eyes On Success as we air shows in our 12th year and would like to see it continue, consider joining other listeners who have made a financial contribution to the show by clicking the PayPal button below.
No amount is too small and will help defray the cost of web hosting and upgrading software and equipment. All contributions appreciated. Thanks.
About The Logo: The logo is a black square with rounded corners and has the letters EOS in silver across the top with 4 silver lines fanning out downwards from the bottom of the O. Since the initials of the show's name (Eyes On Success) spell the name of the Greek goddess of the dawn (EOS), the logo was designed to give the impression of a sunrise which in turn provides a positive uplifting feeling in keeping with the theme of the show. We are grateful to our daughter Allison for the graphic design work.
About The Hosts: The Torpey's both have PhD's in Physics and retired from Xerox Corporation after
over 25 years in corporate research. Nancy is sighted and Pete is blind, and they've been learning together for many years. Pete and Nancy have two adult children, 2 young grandsons and they love to travel, hike and enjoy music together.
Here are photos of them at Garden of the Gods, at the Badlands and in their home studio recording Eyes On Success.
© 2011 - 2022 by Eyes On Success Productions